07 Nov What to Bring Deep Sea Fishing- Charleston, SC
Whether your fishing charter is 6 hours long, a full day, or even overnight, there are certain must-haves that you’ll want to take with you.
If your deep sea fishing trip is coming up and you’re unsure of what to bring on your trip, here are some of the essentials:
- Cash. This is to pay for snacks or anything you forgot before your leave on the boat and also as a tip for your captain.
- Sunblock (30+ SPF). Especially for a day trip, sunblock is essential. Thoroughly cover your face, neck, ears, and any other exposed skin continuously throughout the day.
- Hat. Protect your eyes even more with your favorite hat.
- Camera. If you bring a camera to capture a photo of the fish you catch, make sure you buy either a disposable one or one that isn’t too expensive. You wouldn’t want your fancy, costly camera to be damaged or broken.
- Sea sickness medication. Even if sea sickness doesn’t bother you, it’s still a good idea to bring some. Better safe than sorry! On that same note, don’t drink a lot of alcohol the night before your trip either.
- Water and snacks. While you’re out on the water, it’s important to stay hydrated and healthy.
- Warm clothes. Especially if you’re doing an overnight trip, bring a sweater or long pants to keep you warm and dry when the temperature starts to drop.
- Boat shoes. Wear shoes that can get wet, that won’t slide off your feet, and won’t cause you to slip on the deck.
Fish the Wahoo
A fishing charter by Fish the Wahoo can be a fun, once in a lifetime experience, so don’t wait to book yours today! Book early so you don’t miss out on an incredible fishing trip! We offer packages ranging from 4 hours to 12 hours, so you can choose your trip based on how long you want to be out on the water. Visit us online or call 704-999-6597 for any questions or concerns.